Poster Presentation Guidelines
GIPO-2017 is looking forward to your participation and poster presentation at the conference during 29-31 July 2017.
Purpose of a Poster Presentation
- Acquaint conference participants with the fundamentals of your program, project, or study quickly and easily.
- Use text, graphs, tables, charts, and pictures to present only highlights.
- Catch your viewers' attention.
- Make the viewer want to learn more about your program, project, or study.
Designing an Effective Poster
Your poster should fit on a poster board that is 4 ft wide x 8 ft high (1.2 m wide x 2.4 m high). The exact poster dimensions are up to poster presenters, but it is recommended to be no larger than 4 ft wide x 5 ft high for ease of vertical viewing.
The following guidelines are recommended when organizing your poster:
- Include the abstract title and all authors at the top.
- Posters should be readable by viewers from up to five feet away.
- The message should be clear and understandable without oral explanation.
- Keep any text brief.
- Do not use all capital letters.
- Use graphics (i.e., charts, tables, pictures) that can be understood in one minute or less.
- Ideas should flow from panel to panel logically.
- Describe all parts of the project/study, including why the outcome did or did not work as expected.
- Research Design/Program Description
- Future Plans
- The viewer should gain new knowledge or insight by visiting your poster.
- Consider providing a handout summarizing your research, and include your contact information or be sure to have your business cards available.
Poster Hall Etiquette
- Hang your poster during the assigned poster hanging times. Please do not use this time to preview other posters. Once you have placed your poster please exit the poster hall.
- Stand by your poster for the duration of the poster session.
- If you are comfortable doing so, bring handouts with contact information and/or business cards.
- Chairs are provided only for those with special accommodation needs.
Poster Hanging/Removal Times
To ensure that all posters are hung in time for the opening of each poster session and not discarded afterward, GIPO-2017 asks that all presenters adhere to the following poster session schedule.
Best Poster Award
GIPO- 2017 jury will inspect the posters and declare the best Poster award, based on the Theme of poster.